We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Summary[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
Professions are the crafting skills in Neverwinter. Professions provide a way to make armor and/or earn currency, items, and experience. Unlocked at level 10, the profession system involves hiring Craftsmen and sending them out to perform tasks. A single craftsman for each profession can be acquired by performing a simple five-second task. These tasks take up a certain amount of time, though there is an option of spending Astral Diamonds to complete a task instantly. All of this is done through the Professions window, which is normally bound to the "N" key.
Many tasks also require Resources, which are consumable items most often collected by using Skills and Kits on various nodes throughout the world. Tools are also available which can be used to increase the chance of greater rewards, and assigning higher-quality craftsmen, or more craftsman, to a task will reduce the time required to complete the task. Both craftsmen and tools are known as Assets, neither of which are consumed when performing tasks.
Unlike in most other MMOs, professions do not have to be learned by speaking to a trainer and characters are not limited to a specific number of professions. Instead, they have between one to nine slots for performing tasks; a character can only perform an available task if they have an open slot. Additionally, most tasks have a minimum profession level requirement; characters gain profession levels by performing tasks that award experience for that profession.
Upon acquiring Level 10 Sergeant Knox will give you the quest A True Professional which directs you to the Profession Supplies Merchant in the middle of the Seven Suns Coster Market in Protector's Enclave.
|Profession||Typical Task Time||Description|
|Meneur||2-6 hours||Directs mercenaries in performing tasks that award Experience, Gold, random items, and/or Astral Diamonds.|
|Armurerie Légère||15-30 minutes||Directs mailsmiths in creating armor for Devoted Clerics and Great Weapon Fighters.|
|Armurerie Lourde||15-30 minutes||Directs platesmiths in creating armor for Guardian Fighters.|
|Maroquinerie||15-30 minutes||Directs leatherworkers in creating armor for Trickster Rogues.|
|Couturier||15-30 minutes||Directs tailors in creating armor for Control Wizards.|
|Alchimie||15-30 minutes||Directs alchemists in creating potions and dyes.|
|Orfèvre||?? minutes||Crée des armes pour les prêtres et magiciens.|
|Simril lightcrafting||?? minutes||Disponible uniquement pendant l'événement du solstice d'hiver.|
Profession Mechanics[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
Slots[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
Characters can unlock up to nine slots for performing profession tasks. The slots are arranged in 3-by-3 grid such as the following, and each is unlocked by achieving the indicated milestone:
|Reach level 10||Reach level 30||Reach level 60|
|Get any Profession to Level 3||Get any Profession to Level 10||Get any Profession to Level 20|
|Get any 3 Professions to Level 20||Complete a task with at least a 100% speed bonus||Complete a task and earn the Tier 3 result|
Assets[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
Each profession requires Assets. Assets include both Craftsmen hired by your character and the Tools they use. Assets are distinguished from Resources in that Assets are not consumed during the course of a crafting task. The exceptions are tasks that produce better assets, essentially upgrading the assets.
Craftsmen[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
|Rank 1 common||[Mercenary]||[Prospector]||[Miner]||[Skinner]||[Weaver]||[Apothecary]|
|Rank 2 common||[Guard]||[Blacksmith]||[Armorer]||[Tanner]||[Outfitter]||[Mixologist]|
|Rank 3 common||[Footman]||[Assistant Mailsmith]||[Assistant Platesmith]||[Assistant Leatherworker]||[Assistant Tailor]||[Assistant Alchemist]|
|Rank 3 uncommon||[Man-at-Arms]||[Mailsmith]||[Platesmith]||[Leatherworker]||[Tailor]||[Alchemist]|
|Rank 3 rare||[Adventurer]||[Master Mailsmith]||[Master Platesmith]||[Master Leatherworker]||[Master Tailor]||[Master Alchemist]|
|Rank 3 epic||[Hero]||[Grandmaster Mailsmith]||[Grandmaster Platesmith]||[Grandmaster Leatherworker]||[Grandmaster Tailor]||[Grandmaster Alchemist]|
NOTE: You can not upgrade from Common to Uncommon. Only through the ranks. i.e. Assistant Platesmith will never become a Platesmith
Acquiring Craftsmen[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
The first craftsman for each profession can be acquired by the performing the following tasks:
|Level Req.||Rarity||Name||Requires / Consumes||Opt. Asset||Time||Produces (Tier 1-3)||Prof. XP|
|Hire your first Mercenary||
|Hire your first Prospector||
|Hire your first Miner||
|Hire your first Skinner||
|Hire your first Weaver||
|Hire your first Apothecary||
Bonus to Speed[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
|Speed Bonus Example|
|Bonus||Time factor||Example time|
The higher the quality of the craftsman, the less time they take to perform a given task as determined by their bonus to speed. The time taken is determined by dividing the standard time for a given task by the sum of 100% and all relevant speed bonuses. The figure to the right shows examples of results to this equation for different bonus assuming a task that normally takes eight hours.
The bonus for a given quality of craftsman is:
|Quality of Craftsman|| Ordinaire
(Optional Asset Slot)
|Speed Bonus||none (+5%)||+10%||+25%||+50%|
Tools[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
|Quality Bonus Example|
|Bonus||Reward Tier chances|
Bonus to Quality[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
Tools provide a quality bonus, which increases the chances of receiving an award from a higher tier for that task. It does not necessarily mean that a task normally awarding a green item now has a chance of awarding a blue, though that may be true. It depends on what rewards are in each tier, so the quality bonus does not directly relate to item quality, though in practice this may often be the case.
The probabilities are determined as follows:
- Every 100% of quality bonus increases the base tier of rewards for a crafting task.
- With no quality bonus, a crafting task could only possibly grant rewards from Tier 1, but a 100% quality bonus would mean the crafting task could only award from Tier 2.
- The leftover bonus is then the chance of acquiring rewards from the next tier up.
- For example, if your total quality bonus is 130%, you have a 30% chance of receiving Tier 3 rewards and a 70% chance of receiving Tier 2 rewards.
Quality bonuses are determined by the quality of each Tool used in a task. The quality bonus for a given quality of Tool is:
|Quality of Tool||Ordinaire||Uncommon||Rare||Épique|
Resources[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
Actually creating items or performing most tasks requires various resources. These are stored in a special tab in your inventory and do not take up general inventory space.
- Common resources can be purchased from merchants.
- Gathering and refinement tasks are available that acquire resources.
- High-quality resources are available randomly through asset packs on the Zen Market.
Experience[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
Each profession requires the same amount of experience to increase each level:
|Level 1||0 xp||Hire first craftsmen to reach Level 1|
|Level 2||100 xp||Gain ability to hire additional rank 1 craftsmen|
|Level 3||300 xp||Gain ability to hire additional rank 1 Mercenary (Leadership)|
|Level 4||600 xp|
|Level 5||900 xp|
|Level 6||1200 xp|
|Level 7||1800 xp|| Gain ability to hire rank 2 craftsmen|
Gain the ability to upgrade certain Tool Assets to Tool Assets
|Level 8||2400 xp|
|Level 9||3600 xp||Gain the ability to upgrade certain Tool Assets to Tool Assets|
|Level 10||4800 xp|
|Level 11||7200 xp|
|Level 12||9600 xp|
|Level 13||14400 xp|| Gain the ability to upgrade certain Tool Assets to Tool Assets |
Ability to turn 4 rank 2 Leadership into 1 rank 3 Leadership
|Level 14||19200 xp||Ability to turn 4 rank 2 commons into 1 rank 3 common|
|Level 15||28800 xp|| Ability to turn 4 uncommon craftsmen into 1 rare craftsman|
Gain the ability to upgrade certain Tool Assets to Tool Assets also certain Tool Assets to Tool Assets
|Level 16||38400 xp|
|Level 17||57600 xp||Ability to upgrade certain Tool Assets to Tool Assets|
|Level 18||76800 xp||Ability to turn 4 rare craftsmen into 1 very rare craftsman|
|Level 19||115200 xp|
|Level 20||153600 xp|
- Note: Experience is cumulative from Level 0 - Level 20. A total of 153600 experience is needed for each profession.
- Note: The Leadership common Rank 1 and Rank 3 are at different levels from the other crafts.